School’s Commitment to Excellence
The members of the Phoenix Collegiate Academy Staff agree to:
- Provide rigorous, engaging, college preparatory instruction, aligned with the Arizona State Standards.
- Continuously improve the Phoenix Collegiate Academy educational program through on-going professional development.
- Interact professionally with students and families at all times, responding promptly to parent questions and concerns.
- Inform families of questions or potential obstacles to learning, as they arise.
- Consistently enforce the Phoenix Collegiate Academy Contract of Excellence, maintaining an environment which is physically and emotionally safe.
- Model the virtues of perseverance, respect, integrity, discipline, and excellence in all of our actions.
- Challenge students constantly to consider the ethical implications of their actions.
Student’s Commitment to Excellence
I agree to:
- Pursue academic success to the best of my ability. I will participate in class and complete at least two hours of nightly homework.
- Arrive at school at 7:30 a.m., in uniform, every day of the school year that I am healthy.
- Attend Phoenix Collegiate Academy’s Homework Detention and/or Saturday Academy if required to do so.
- Ask teachers and family for help when I need it and inform teachers and family members about questions and obstacles to learning, as they come up.
- Always follow the Phoenix Collegiate Academy Contract of Excellence, to the best of my ability.
- Demonstrate the virtues of perseverance, respect, integrity, discipline, and excellence in all of my actions.
- Encourage my peers to pursue academic and ethical excellence.
Parent’s Commitment to Excellence:
Parents agree to:
- Provide my child with several hours of time every night to complete homework, and check that his/her homework is completed. Limit television and other distractions.
- Ensure that my child arrives at school at 7:30 a.m., in uniform, every day of the school year that he or she is healthy.
- Make arrangements so that my child can attend school for an extra review session on Saturday mornings, if required to do so.
- Monitor my child’s academic progress by reviewing and returning progress reports sent from the school.
- Interact professionally with school staff, responding promptly to school questions and concerns.
- Provide my child with instructional materials including pens, pencils, and paper.
- Support the Phoenix Collegiate Academy Contract of Excellence, including making arrangements if my child receives an out-of-school suspension.